The Fourth Annual Spring Diversi-Tea celebration will be held Thursday, April 11, 2013 from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. in the Mountainlair Ballrooms.
Come and join us for tea samplers from around the world coupled with a savory menu of choice delicacies. During this event we will also be recognizing individuals and groups who promote cultural understanding.The Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion seeks to recognize individuals and groups that:
Promote understanding, foster inclusion, celebrate commonalities and value difference within the diversity of our West Virginia community.
Up to three individuals and/or groups may be awarded annually.
- Students, Faculty, Staff, and members of the greater Morgantown community.
- Performance above and beyond normal University responsibilities.
- Service should have been sustained for more than one year.
- The selection Committee shall have the discretion of seeking nominations and/or selecting individuals outside of a nomination process.
- Diversity shall be interpreted in the broadest sense and lead toward creating and sustaining an atmosphere of respect and inclusivity.
- The Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion assumes financial and administrative responsibility for the rewards.
Nominations for individuals or groups that promote cultural understanding within the diverse populations of our community and enhance the appreciation of different abilities, races, cultures and ethnic groups within our community are being accepted until April 5, 2013.