Future M.A.L.E. Achievement and Engagement programming may include:
- M.A.L.E. Achievement Breakfast & Leadership Summit
- Sponsored conferences
- Brotherhood Fellowships (movies, bowling, dinner, game nights, athletic activities, etc.)
- Diversity Achievement Seminars
Bruce E. Mitchell II
Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The mission of My Brother’s Keeper is to empower young men of color by bringing about sustainable change, to seek out, encourage, and motivate their lives and the lives of others. By providing mentoring, counseling, educational resources and workforce development training, we will help transform them to productive and self-sufficient citizens
The mission is to develop and nurture academic and social excellence in males (ages K – 24) students of color.
- To enhance the well-being and quality of life of boy, young men and men of color in West Virginia.
- To empower participants to live in greatness as well-adjusted citizens, professionals, and contributors to their community.
- To increase the retention rate of male students of color in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM)
- To train participants in entrepreneurship leadership
- To increase reading readiness awareness.
- To expose the students to how economy and urban planning affects their community
- Increase father involvement through training in early developmental skills and readiness skills through play.