WVU Non-discrimination Statement
West Virginia University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture by promoting diversity, inclusion, equality, and intercultural and inter-community outreach. Accordingly, the University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, marital or family status, pregnancy, veteran status, service in the uniformed services (as defined in state and federal law), religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or gender expression in the administration of any of its education program, activities or with respect to admission or employment. The Office of Equity Assurance, which includes the Title IX and ADA Coordinators, is designated to handle inquiries and reports regarding nondiscrimination policies. Contact Director of Equity Assurance/Title IX Coordinator, James Goins Jr. or ADA Coordinator, Jill Hess at 304-293-5600 for more information or to file a report.
To uphold the University's values of fostering a climate of opportunity, mutual respect and understanding that engenders a feeling that the future should be shared by all community members and striving for a campus that is absent of discrimination and harassment on the basis of a protected class named above, the Office of Equity Assurance is responsible for:
- Investigating all reports of discrimination, harassment, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, domestic misconduct, stalking and retaliation through a fair and equitable process.
- Monitoring WVU’s compliance with federal, state and institutional policy and procedures.
- Making relevant policy recommendations.
- Advising units about hiring processes.
- Providing prevention education and training.
- Ensuring support services for persons with disabilities.