The Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion has been working with leaders across WVU to develop diversity, equity and inclusion committees at all of our Schools, Colleges and Units. Many of those committees are already up and running, and we continue to collaborate with others on campus to activate additional committees. (See below)
Later this year the Vice President of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Meshea L. Poore, Esq. will take the next step to assemble the Chairs of each Committee into an overarching DEI Council to develop goals, best practices, and ensure that we, as Mountaineers, are creating the safe, diverse, and welcoming community we all deserve.
If you are interested in being part of this work, take a few moments and use this FORM to tell us about yourself and your interest.
Understanding that capacity-building is central to the success of the diversity efforts on campus, the Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is proud to partner with committees and task forces across academic and co-curricular units. These groups are charged with understanding challenges related to diversity in their particular units and developing programming, policy and knowledge required to address those challenges. While the committees and task forces have their own structure, focus and approach, each works in tandem with the Division to develop initiatives that are meaningful and responsive to each community.
- Department of Geology and Geography Diversity Committee
- Faculty Senate Inclusion & Diversity Committee
- Statler College of Engineering Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
- Chair - Dr. Cerasela Dinu
- Health Sciences Diversity and Inclusion Council
- Chair - Julie Lockman, PhD
- Health Sciences Center Programs Committee
- John Chambers College of Business and Economics
- Chair - Dariane Drake
- School of Dentistry
- Chair - Juan Bugueno, DDS
- School of Medicine
- School of Nursing
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Public Health
- Chair - Linda Alexander, EdD
- College of Law
Department of Psychology
- Contact - Dr. Amy Gentler, Ph.D.
School of Social Work Committee on Anti-racism, Equity, and Justice
- Chair - Dr. Ellen Hartnett, Ph.D.
Department of Physics and Astronomy
- Chair - Dr. Kathryn Williamson, Ph.D.